Did you know mold growth can be avoided if humidity levels are below 50%?
Mold is a fungus that makes it home to just about anywhere there’s moisture. In water-damaged homes, it thrives. It spreads quickly through a building, reaching every dark corner and hidden space over just a few days.
Once you begin to notice the telltale signs of mold, it could be too late. The problem needs to be addressed immediately — the sooner, the better! But how do you know when to call mold removal experts?
Read and learn more about the symptoms of mold in the house.
Discoloration of Walls
Mold in the house can cause discoloration of walls. The mold can cause the paint to peel off the walls and the wallpaper to come loose. The mold can also cause the wall to become discolored and stained.
The mold can cause a musty smell in the house. House mold can also cause the place to be damp and humid. If you want to learn how to get rid of mold, contact them.
When most people think of mold in their homes, they think of visible black or green patches growing on walls or corners. However, mold can also be present without any visible signs. If your home has a musty smell, it could be a sign of mold growth.
Mold can cause serious health problems, so it’s best to err on the side of caution. Other signs of decay include water stains on walls or ceilings, peeling paint, and warped wood. If you suspect mold growth in your home, it’s essential to have it inspected by a professional.
Irritation of Skin, Eyes, or Throat
Mold in the house can irritate the skin, eyes, or throat. The most common symptoms of mold exposure are allergy symptoms, such as sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, and a runny nose. People with asthma or other respiratory conditions may have more severe reactions, such as trouble breathing, wheezing, or chest tightness.
Some people may also experience skin irritation, such as a rash. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should see a doctor to find out if you have a mold allergy.
Mold can cause various respiratory problems, including coughing, wheezing, and difficulty breathing. People with asthma or other respiratory conditions may be more susceptible to the effects of mold. In rare cases, mold exposure can even lead to death.
If you suspect that mold is present in your home, it is essential to take immediate action to remove it and improve ventilation.
Leaks and Dampness in the Home
Mold reproduces by discharging spores into the atmosphere. These spores are invisible to the naked eye and can enter your home through windows, doors, or HVAC systems. Once spores land on a damp surface, they begin to grow.
Leaks and dampness in the home are the perfect breeding ground for mold. To prevent mold growth, it’s essential to repair leaks and keep your home adequately ventilated.
Check for Symptoms of Mold in the House
If you see any symptoms of mold in the house, it is essential to take action immediately. Mold can cause serious health problems, so it is necessary to identify and remove it as soon as possible. If you think you may have mold in your house, contact a professional mold removal company to have it professionally removed.
For more information, visit the rest of our site!